New Guidance for Dog Owners
As you will no doubt be aware, the issue of dog fouling repeatedly blights our local footpaths and surrounding area and unfortunately, the situation remains despite plenty of bins, signs, and reminders around the village and on our Facebook network.
Rufforth Playing Field has been particularly affected and with outdoor sports soon to become available post-lockdown, dog owners must please take extra care around the football and cricket pitches which will be reopening to local teams.
The Playing Fields Association has introduced new guidelines with regards to dog walking on the fields in the interest of health and safety. With immediate effect:
- All dogs are to be kept on leads or under close control.
- All dogs shall be under the control of a responsible person.
- Dogs shall not be allowed to exercise over the football or cricket pitches and shall be kept to the field perimeter and within the areas shown on the image above.
- A maximum of 3 dogs per person will be allowed to exercise at any time.
- All dog owners must pick up after their dogs and shall carry spare poo bags at all times.
The Parish Council fully supports this move and would encourage all residents to please follow the new guidance in order that our playing field is clean and safe for our community to enjoy.
For more information please visit the Rufforth Playing Fields Association website or email firstname.lastname@example.org