Elections for the Parish Council - Tuesday May 4th, 2023
- Are you enthusiastic about your community?
- Do you want to help make changes?
- Do you have concerns about specific issues and are prepared to get involved in doing something about it?
If you would like to actively contribute to the life of the community, why not put your name forward for election?
Rufforth with Knapton Parish Council is constituted with 8 councillors, 5 representing Rufforth ward and 3 for Knapton ward. If more numbers than these are nominated then an election will take place.
- be registered as a local government elector for the Parish, or;
- have, during the whole of the twelve months preceding the day of their nomination as candidate, occupied as owner or tenant, land or other premises in the Parish, or;
- their principal or only place of work during those 12 months has been in the Parish, or;
- have during the whole of those 12 months resided in the Parish or within 4.8 kilometers (3 miles) of the Parish
Nomination forms, along with guidance can be downloaded from the Electoral Commission website.
Candidates will need to be nominated by two electors in the Parish, and will need the electoral numbers of those nominating them.
Stephanie Warden, the Parish Council clerk has these details and can be contacted by email email@example.com.
Completed forms should be delivered, in person, to the Returning Officer at City of York Council, West Offices, York, between the 27th March and 4:00pm on the 4th April. An announcement of an election, if required, will be made on 5th April.
Further information can be found on the City of York Council website including a full election timetable and at the Electoral Commission.